Councillor for Cotham & Deputy Green Group Leader
|Phone: 0117 3526155 / 07584 480531|
|Bristol City Council Website: Cleo Lake|
Greetings. I wish to thank all the support I received from the Green Party volunteers for my campaign and for everyone that voted for me to represent them. In addition to working with Cotham ward, I also look forward to being a critical friend within the Council and in particular advocating for sections of the Bristol community who may feel as though their voice isn’t heard.
I was inspired to stand to be a councillor not least because I was shocked at the lack of obvious diversity in terms of age, ethnicity and gender in the Council which did not reflect the Bristol that I know.
I am a creative person and an artist who enjoys working with like minded positive people.
I sit on the People Scrutiny Committee as well as Destination Bristol and Bristol Cultural Development Partnership which are outside bodies. I am a Carnival Commissioner which means I am part of a group of individuals from the African Caribbean community who formed to research and suggest best ways forward to ensure that St Pauls Carnival is delivered in 2018 for its 50th year and in future years.
- Renaming Colston Hall - Question to Cabinet - 29th June 2016 here>>
- 'It's time to take Carnival back to basics - Bristol 247 article - 14th June 2016 here>>
- Please vote Remain - letter from Green councillors - 13th June 2016 here>>
- St Paul's Carnival - Question to Cabinet 7th June 2016 here>>
- Support for Bristol Youth Council's manifesto - Speech at Full Council 31st May 2016 here>>