Councillor for Clifton
|Phone: 0117 9733 076 / 0117 3526155|
|Bristol City Council Website: Jerome Thomas|
- I'm married to a local medical doctor and dad to three teenage children.
- I’m an experienced manager and entrepreneur. The safety business I set up 20 years ago (and which I still work for) is now a national business employing over 80 people - so I know the importance of good teamwork and how tough it can be in business through a long recession.
- I'm the chair of the Bristol European Green Capital Energy Action Group, working to support the development of Bristol’s low carbon future.
- I served on the panel responsible for awarding £250,000 of small grants to local organisations and projects for Bristol European Green Capital year.
- I have a variety of relevant experience (to be a councillor), having worked in the voluntary sector, in a management consultancy, served as charity trustee and for many years was a member of the Labour Party.
- I studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Magdalen College, Oxford.
- I grew up in the North Cotswolds and went to Chipping Campden Comprehensive School.
- Devolution - speech at Full Council - 29th June 2016 here>>
- Please vote Remain - letter from Green councillors - 13th June 2016 here>>
- Clifton's first street art - Bristol Post article 26th May 2016 here>>
Jerome's Priorities For Clifton Ward
My priorities for Clifton and Bristol will continue to be as follows (please click on the individual priorities to see the detail and relevant downloadable material):
- Support improved library and community centre provison in Clifton and Hotwells
- Help make walking and cycling safer
- Improve local transport
- Improve air quality for the city in general and in our ward in particular on the Hotwell Road
- Create more affordable sustainable housing (in terms of available land this will be mainly in other parts of the city)
- Improve energy efficiency and design in our existing buildings
- Contribute to the Neighbourhood Partnership and its plans